Thursday, February 24, 2011
I've really got to get busy making new products for my Etsy store but I just haven't been in the mood lately. I made a few new ATCs last week and they are available for trade.
I also made two backgrounds that I am not sure what I will make from them but I like the way they look. The first one I used Mod Podge to glue white silk flowers to the card base.That was a lot harder then I thought it would be, those little buggers kept popping up on me. When I finally got the flowers glued on the card, I used waxed paper to cover it and put it in a book to dry flat. I really like the texture. I used some Distress Ink to add a little color and that is all I have done with it.
The second came to me when I was sitting here eating heart shaped Butterfinger from Valentine's Day and thinking of something to do with the wrapper. They are made of foil so they can't be recycled or composted. I thought they might make a great background for an ACT. I tore the foil in small pieces and used gel medium to attach it to the card base. It was a little messy but I got the card covered and dried. Because I got some of the gel medium on top of the foil it was a little dull. No matter, I was already planning to use alcohol ink for color. I used two shades of blue and some silver mixative, I really like the look so I will be making some more.